Friday, November 03, 2006

Christine Dupree



Christine Dupree is a former Penthouse Pet and one of the finest wrestling performers to ever hit the scene.

I've been watching her in videos since the late 1980's, and some of them are among my all-time favorites.

Why do I like her so much?

She is athletic and has the kind of body that, to me, exudes power. Lots of power. It's not just her breasts, which are indeed spectacular. It's a combination of her shoulders, her hips, her waist, her stomach and her thighs. Raw power. Oh, and her arms. I LOVE her arms.

In short, she's one of the "prototypes."

She's one of those women who in my mind are virtually undefeatable, and therefore, one of those women that I love to see lose.
But wait, there's more.

For starters, she's gorgeous, not only sexy. She's also one hell of a performer.

One of the key performance elements is the ability to convincingly "sell" a beating. The ability to act as if she's really getting the stuffing pounded out of her, while in reality she's not.

I'm often amazed at how some women can simply not "sell" being on the losing side. Most, if not all can play the dominating winner, but it's much harder to be convincing when you are losing. Christine "sells" exceptionally well.

But wait, there's still more.

Christine is a trained martial artist and boxer who has fought competitively. She knows what it's like and she can do all the physical maneuvers, sometimes referred to as "taking bumps."

Christine has done some amazing videos for the various wrestling companies out there and this will inevitably be the subject of another posting in this blog in the future. Today I have some personal experiences to share.

After nearly 18 years of being a fan, I finally had the opportunity to meet Christine Dupree last week.

It was my first time back in LA in 11 years. Women's Wrestling Video Producer Sabre Studios was doing a shoot there and they were kind enough to involve me in the project. They shot two matches that day, one of them with "The Great Dupree." Better still, I was given the task of scripting this match!

But WAIT! It gets even better.

We all had dinner with her the night before. By "we all," I mean myself & the 2 Sabre guys- some of the greatest people you'd ever want to meet.

Nearly a week has gone by and I am still thrilled.

So let me go ahead and tell you, she is gorgeous in person. Not only is she gorgeous, but she's really, really hot too. Believe it or not, that's not even the best part. The best part is that she is really nice and fascinating.

So there I am at a restaurant sitting next to Christine Dupree, trying to be cool, witty & charming, hoping to somehow sweep her off her feet.

Well guess what, I couldn't have even swept the floor that night, much less a mega-hottie off her feet. I probably wasn't that bad. It's just that I wanted to be that good.

Hell, I was nervous!
I wanted to ask her a million questions, but didn't want to be overbearing.
I wanted to just look at her, but didn't want to make her uncomfortable.
I wanted to know all about her, but also wanted to respect her privacy. After all, for me it's a fantasy. For her, it's a job.

So all these things are racing through my mind, but more than anything, I wanted to act in a respectful manner. It was incredibly cool of her to come out and eat with us, and I wanted to make sure that nothing would make her feel uncomfortable.

Dinner FLEW by. Before I knew it, it was time to call it a night. We all had a shoot to work the following morning. I asked to take some pictures and we said our goodbyes. She went one way and we went the other.

One of my favorite bands is Boston and they have a hit song called "Don't Look Back," but I did.

We walked a few feet and I turned my head to catch one more glimpse of this incredibly sexy woman as she walked away.

Two hours later I was sitting in the hotel bar with one of the guys over some Johnnie Walker Black and still couldn't calm down.

The shoot went great the next day, and Christine is an awesome professional. More on the shoot in a future post

It's so rare when fantasy meets reality in life. It's even rarer when the reality is just as good or better than the fantasy.

Meeting Christine was definitely an exciting experience and I cannot say enough good things about her. Mind you, I'm not usually this starstruck. I've met famous people before, but there was something special about this.

One last thought from that day. Jeanne "Hollywood" Basone was supposed to meet us for dinner too. I have been fortunate enough to do some work for her over the years but have yet to meet her in person. She was under the weather that day and could not make it I was speaking with her on the phone when a call from Christine came in. Talk about famine to feast.
For about 20 seconds, I had Hollywood on one line and Christine on call waiting.

How cool was I right then????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah, I'll say that was cool! I actually don't know Christine's work that well, but you make a good case for her, and it was interesting to hear how the "meet" went down for you.